P U B L I C N O T I C E
In accordance with the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code of Texas, notice is hereby given to all interested persons that the City Council of the City of Odessa, Texas will meet for a meeting on Monday, January 9, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. in the Council Chambers, City Hall, 411 West 8th Street, Odessa, Texas for the following purpose:
See attached agenda 1-9-23 Special Council Agenda
IV. Agenda Items
1. Opportunity for members of the public to address the City Council regarding the following agenda items prior to a vote being taken. Members of the public must have completed a speaker’s card and presented it to the City Secretary or Deputy City Secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Pursuant to the City of Odessa Speaker’s Guidelines, the speakers are limited to three (3) minutes each.
2. To consider and take any and all possible action to evaluate and terminate the appointment of the City Attorney Natasha L. Brooks.
3. To consider and take any and all possible action to evaluate and terminate the appointment of the City Manager Michael Marrero.
4. To consider and take any and all possible action to appoint an Interim City Attorney and to begin the search process for the position of the City Attorney.
5. To consider and take any and all possible action to appoint an Interim City Manager and to begin the search process for the position of the City Manager.
This Notice is being posted on the south door of City Hall and on the bulletin board of the first floor of City Hall, Odessa, Texas, this the ______ day of January, 2023 at _______ ___.m., (copied directly from notice) said time being more than seventy-two hours prior to the time at which the subject meeting will be convened and called to order. The public notice is also posted on the City of Odessa’s website www.odessa-tx.gov
City Council Meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. Individuals with disabilities who require special assistance should contact the City Secretary’s Office at 432/335-3276, or 411 West 8th Street, First Floor, Odessa, Texas, during normal business hours at least twenty-four hours (24) in advance of the meeting.
Norma Aguilar-Grimaldo, TRMC, CMC